Starts in the gallbladder, a pear-shaped organ under the right lobe of the liver and generates and concentrates bile, which aids in the digestion of fats. Gallbladder cancer is often difficult to diagnose as it does not show any specific signs or symptoms in most of the cases. But some common symptoms that can help you track would be
Gall Bladder Cancer Treatment In Noida, Gall Bladder Cancer Treatment In Delhi, Gall Bladder Cancer Treatment In India
- Abdominal Pain
- Abdominal Bloating
- lumps in the belly
- Feeling of itchiness
- High fever
- Loss of Appetite
- Sudden weight loss
According to a research
- Gallbladder cancer occurs more than twice as often in females.
- Older people and people struggling with excessive weight are also at higher risk for developing gallbladder cancer.
Gallbladder cancer has 4 stages and like any other type of cancer, there are different treatment for each stage. Currently, there are no biochemical tests for early detection of GBC but, most common tests and treatments for Gallbladder includes
- Transabdominal ultrasound (USG)
- Imaging modalities such as CT, PET, MRI, ERCP (Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography) MRCP (Magnetic Resonance Cholangiopancreatography) are used to detect the stages of cancer.
- laparoscopic biopsy
- Adjuvant chemotherapy in GBC
A healthy diet with cereals, whole grains instead of refined, at least two and a half cups of fruits and vegetables daily, limiting intake of processed food and red meat have been shown to lower the risk of many cancers including gallbladder cancer.