Had we been existing five decades ago from now, we would have crouched at the mere mention of the term ‘Cancer’, for it was considered as one of the most fatal and deadliest diseases of all times, with only negligible amount of ineffective and hard-to-bear therapies available. Advancement in technology and science, however, has led to the invention of various cures and treatments of the same.
This, finally, has led to the increase in number of cancer survivors in India and across the world. Owing to the better therapies available these days and timely detection, the cancer death rate has decreased alarmingly since almost a decade.
Scientists and doctors all over the world have collaborately managed to devise highly effective treatments in order to have a grip on the disease, having less side effects than before.
- From almost negligible number of drugs that were put to use earlier, medical science has clearly evolved providing us with as many as 170 drug indications in the present day.
- Cancer surgeries these days are done in a more refined and precise manner, producing less complications and without having to sacrifice its effectiveness.
- Radiation therapies have advanced to such an extent that they have minimized the risk of side effects in patients such as heart damage and lung scarring.
- Multidisciplinary treatments including surgery, chemotherapy and radiation are meted out to the patients having individual requirements, in order to ensure better chances of survival.
- Efficiently managing pain, nausea and other side effects, thus, allowing patients to lead normal, better and fulfilling lives.
Cancer is still believed to be one of the most serious health problems in world. It is estimated that there will be a rise from 12.6 million cancer cases in 2008 to around more than 28 million by 2030. Still there are many such cases where cancer remains undetected till it reaches its advanced stage. A deeper understanding of molecular drivers of cancer, teamed up with advances in medical science and continuous investments in research of cancer will definitely help oncologists in transforming and taking cancer research and care to new heights.
Doctor Manish Kumar Singhal, one of the best breast cancer doctors in Delhi has effectively treated various cancer cases from all over India. Along with being one of the best breast cancer doctors in Delhi, he has specialized in various other fields as well.