At an initial stage, cervical cancer may have no symptoms, which is why it is important for a person to go for a regular cervical screening. Cervical Cancer develops due to changes take place in the cells of the cervix. Two main types of cervical cancer are Squamous cell carcinoma and Adenocarcinoma.
Lesser known types of cervical cancer includes
- Adenosquamous carcinomas
- Cear-cell carcinoma small-cell carcinoma and neuroendocrine carcinoma
There are basically five important treatments for cervical cancer
- Surgery- An operation to remove a tumor.
- Radiotherapy-By using anti-cancer drugs to destroy cancer cells.
- Chemotherapy- Using high energy x-rays to destroy the cancer cells.
- Hormonal therapy.-Destroys cancer cells by interfering with cancer’s ability to grow or survive.
Although, it’s hard to prevent cancer once its dig down in your body, one should always live a healthy life and follow a healthy diet to keep any disease away from their body.